Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Describe a foreign country you want to visit but haven’t been to


Cue Card

Describe a foreign country you want to visit but haven’t been to
  • Where this place is
  • What it is like
  • What you can do in this country
  • Explain why you want to visit this country
Sample Solution:

All my life, I have dreamt of visiting Canada. It is a country, which is very popular among the people who want to go and settle abroad. Almost half of my relatives live in Canada. I have listened so many stories about Canada from them. Since my relatives live in Toronto, Ontario, I know about some places worth seeing in Toronto. The best thing about Toronto is that it is colder compared to Punjab. I have heard that, in Toronto, it snows a lot and the winters start in October and continue till March. My  cousins tell me that they visit Niagara Falls every summer and it is a beautiful place of attraction. They go shopping very frequently because there are a lot of shopping malls which provide a variety of products at reasonable prices. The houses are beautiful and seem very comfortable. If I ever go there, I can get admission in a good educational institute. Upon completion of education, I can get a job in the field of my education and eventually settle there. I come across news everyday which inform us about the aplenty of jobs available in Canada. I want to visit this country due to its multi-cultural set-up. People coming from different backgrounds and countries live there comfortably and peacefully. Crime rate is very low in this country. The living standards are also high and almost everyone can earn enough money to support himself and his family. I think I can become a successful and independent person if I go to this country. 


Follow ups

1. Why do Indian people like to travel abroad?

  • Indian people like to travel abroad because they like to explore the foreign shores. They are fascinated by the popular tourist destinations abroad and they want to see everything themselves.

2. What can people benefit from international travel?

  • People can earn a lot of benefits from international travel. They learn about new cultures, food, popular tourist destinations and their history.

3. What effects will tourism have on our environment?

  • Tourism can take a heavy toll on the environment if there is uncontrolled cutting of trees and excessive use of fossil fuels. This can lead to a environmental degeneration. 

4. Why do people like to travel abroad?

  • People like to travel abroad because they like to take a break from the monotonous routines. They think that travelling to foreign shores can help to broaden the horizons of their knowledge. They learn about new cultures, languages, food and lifestyle when they travel abroad. 

5. Would you travel around the world in the future?

  • Yes. Like a lot of youngsters, I also dream to travel the world. I want to see all the popular places I have seen in the movies, on television and internet.

6. What’s the difference between travelling abroad and studying abroad?

  • Travelling abroad is mainly for the leisure. People travel to enjoy their vacations but studying abroad is for learning more about your field of education. 

26 comments:

  1. Thanks. Keep checking...will be posting more answers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks its very important for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gave me a view to prepare my speaking module

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's very important for me,Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its very beneficial for me and very important. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its very beneficial for me and very important. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great and informative post. Thanks for sharing this valuable post.
    https://www.bharattaxi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got very knowledge from this cue card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice cau card but my English is Week

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very good and knowledge full

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very helpful for me.... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. IT'S A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND THANKS THIS CUE CARD VERY HELPFUL FOR ME

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great. Visit my blog shoeworld7@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete